The CFA programme, administered by CFA Institute, located at Charlottesville, Virginia, USA, and having worldwide centres, is a graduate-level study and examination programme intended to expand your working knowledge and skills relating to investment decision-making. While most graduate school programmes cover a broad range of topics, the CFA programme focuses specifically on investment knowledge, and the self-study format allows you to continue working full time as you progress towards earning the CFA charter. Successful completion of the programme and its requirements will earn you the CFA designation.
Candidates for the CFA programme include students entering the investment field, professionals increasing their expertise and marketability, and people making a career change into the investment profession from other disciplines. Over 90,000 investment professionals globally, have achieved the charter holder status to date. The programme is known for benefits, such as –
- Global Recognition : With a six-decade history of maintaining rigorous focus on globally relevant investment knowledge, the CFA programme is the most widely known and respected investment credential in the world.
- Career Advantage : Employers recognize the CFA charter as the definitive standard by which to measure the competence, integrity, and dedication of serious investment professionals. It is a platform to elevate yourself above the rest at every stage of your career.
- Practical Skills :The curriculum focuses on the practical knowledge and current real-world skills necessary in the global investment management profession. These skills are immediately useful while on the job.
- Value in Community : Earning the CFA charter places you in the company of an elite group of about 90,000 respected investment professionals. Access to their collective expertise, networks, and resources is an invaluable asset.
- Portable reputation : Remains as a mark of quality, whether you change your company or move to another country. It provides instant access to a global network of investment professionals.
- Value for Individual : Equips you with practical and fundamental knowledge needed for a wide variety of career choices in the investment profession. It enhances your career by demonstrating your commitment to knowledge and high ethical standards to clients and employers alike.
- Value for Employers : Candidates possess extensive knowledge in investment topics outside their own specializations. Additionally, because the CFA Program’s rigorous curriculum emphasizes principles common to every market, it makes them extremely credible, praiseworthy and supported by the investment community at large.